Leaf wanderer

There was a sunny day yesterday. It was impossible not to go to the park. Even though dirt was everywhere and everything looked like a garbage  - when you are among the trees, nothing else matters.

The leaf has fallen from a tree. I couldn't say - has it fallen yesterday? Or was it dropped last year, and spent whole autumn and whole winter - here in the air, tangled among the branches of another tree? The connection that holds it among sleeping twigs is just as fragile as the leaf itself.




I can only guess at its story. But this story is definitely known to the one who lives on this leaf.
It's time to draw!


Quick sketch.
Just bought some smooth watercolor paper, it says that it contains 20 percent of cotton. Let's see.






Cotton can be felt :)


I start to draw right away with watercolors. Firstly, I like the way watercolor behaves when there is no pencil under it.

Secondly, I find it easier to do watercolor washes rather than pencil outlines since I'm temporarily left-handed.))
The texture of the paper is great, no problems occur when scanning.


And a preview as a print.

The white background reminds me of snow in the woods. Now the snow lies in a very special way, it is absolutely inconspicuous. Afterwards it's hard to remember whether there was snow in the forest or not. It is invisible itself, but it makes visible naked branches and trunks. Everywhere there are tiny treasures, as if someone lost them.


... I will not limit myself to one drawing this time. I am very curious about a new gouache on a new paper. And so here is another Wanderer in the leaves.


Here is already scanned drawing.
Yes, I like gouache version too. But I would have to say no to my winsors - mixing all the colors from 4 pigments it's definitely not for me))


And here is the poster in the frame.

That's my mood.

Thanks for watching!


Comments

Popular Posts